Don’t Hesitate Reading the Title of This Article.
Yes, I truly believe that Prague is better then Paris! And in more then 1 way too. This does not mean that Paris is not an incredible MUST visit destination. Because it certainly is.
This is more about how amazing Prague is, rather then a bash about what Paris is not.
After coming home from a Eastern European adventure, I was just astonished at the unfathomable beauty and splendor of Prague. And that was after I already had SKY HIGH expectations for this city.
So what is it about Prague that makes it so marvelous?
- The architecture. Prague is filled with some the prettiest, most diverse architecture in all of Europe. From the color of the buildings to the canals to the river. It is truly unlike anything else.
- Everything is so close. One of the truly unique things about Prague is that everything is SO close to each other. If you are like most tourists, and plan on focusing your time on the old town, then Prague is SO convenient.
- Awesome views. There are SO many awesome places to catch an picturesque view of the city. Whether it is at the top of the Castle, next to the Charles Bridge, or at the top of the Old Town Square, views can be simply astonishing! You can have a drink at the top of U Prince, and get an amazing view of the Old Town.
- Affordability. One of the great things about Prague is that it is simply affordable! Even though it is super touristy, prices for the most part are still really reasonable! Especially if you know how to travel smart 🙂 Prices here are substantially cheaper then Paris and Western Europe.
- Food. While Czech food can get a little boring and tiresome, Prague has a great diversity of food and culture. Whatever kind of food you like, you can be more then satisfied. And if you REALLY like good food and amazing views, definitely check out the great Kampa Park.
- Sweets. This one needs its own category because there sweets are that good! While Vienna typically gets the love for the best sweets in this part of Europe, I believe Prague is RIGHT up there. Just ask my wife! Prague offers an amazing mix of the best sweets from different parts of Europe. If you like amazing Belgian Chocolate, Prague has it. If you LOVE good french pastries and crepes, Prague has it. My mouth is watering just thinking about Prague’s sweets.
In my viewpoint, Prague does not need more then a few days. You can get a really good taste in a short period of time. Here are the things I would recommend you make sure you do.
- Get lost in the streets of the old town. Admire the architecture and the look and feel of this great city. Quickly you will realize where you are, because getting lost in this city is very difficult.
- Take a walk across the river up to the castle. This can be a strenuous walk, but well worth it! Admire the building all around the castle, and take lots of pictures. After your strenuous walk, treat yourself to a nice Prague treat 🙂
- Eat a meal or two outside. Get a drink at the top of the U Prince Hotel in the Old Town Square. Have an awesome meal at Kampa Park right on the Charles Bridge. Splurging here is well worth it!
- Walk everywhere! You do not need to use taxis or metro systems here. Just walk! Everything worth seeing is within 2 miles of each other.
- Make sure to stay in the old town. That way everything is super convenient, and if you are only staying a few days, you can see everything! I wholeheartedly recommend Hotel Kings Court. Excellent location, and beautiful hotel.
- Drink beer even if you are not a beer drinker. I am not a huge beer drinker, but drinking beer in Eastern Europe is well worth it! Not only is it cheaper then water, it is the best in the world!
- And most importantly, take your time! The nice thing about visiting Prague is there are not a million MUST see or do things. Just take your time strolling the streets, people watch, and enjoy all that this city has to offer.
That is it! Isn’t that enough, though?
Trust me visit Prague, it is well worth it! Remember, it is better then Paris! And cheaper too 🙂
In the comments below, tell me what are your favorite things to do in Prague.